Cloud Computing, revised and updated edition
An updated, revised, and comprehensive overview of the concepts related to cloud computing, including recent applications, innovations, and its future evolution.
In this Essential Knowledge volume, Nayan B. Ruparelia provides an updated and revised version of Cloud Computing, first published in 2016, to address not only the fact that cloud computing has become a ubiquitous part of mainstream computing since then but also has made strides in other key aspects of the technology's development, including:
• cloud computing's history,
• updated security fundamentals that provide examples of Identity and Access Management (IAM) use that illustrate the difference between on-premise (i.e., conventional) security and cloud-based security implementation and Security Information and Event Management SIEM),
• an updated discussion of data migration to the cloud,
• a new chapter on data integrity,
• cloud native computing,
• the use of microservice design patterns,
• cloud automation using orchestrators and tools such as Kubernetes,
• a comparison of common public clouds (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon AWS),
• and a future outlook for cloud computing.
An indispensable guide to cloud computing for the layperson, Cloud Computing cuts through the technical jargon and details that are irrelevant to nontechnologists, as well as the marketing hype, and explains clearly what cloud computing is, when to use it (and when not to), how to select a cloud service, how to integrate it with other technologies, and what the best practices are for its adoption.