The Tax Policy and the Economy series presents new research bearing on the economic effects of taxation on economic performance and analyzing the effects of potential tax reforms. Research results are presented in a timely and accessible fashion and will be of interest to tax practitioners and those involved in formulating tax policy.
- Welfare and the Well-Being of Children: The Relative Effectiveness of Cash and In-Kind Transfers · Janet Currie.
- Energy Taxes and Aggregate Economic Activity · Julio Rotemberg and Michael Woodford.
- Lifecycle vs. Annual Perspectives on the Incidence of a Value Added Tax · Gilbert E. Metcalf.
- The Efficiency Cost of Energy Taxes · Lawrence H. Goulder.
- Tax Policy, Multinational Firms, and the Incentives for R & D · James Hines, Jr.
About the Editor
James M. Poterba is Mitsui Professor in the Department of Economics at MIT. He has been Director of the NBER Public Economics Research Program since 1991 and has edited volumes 6-20 of Tax Policy and the Economy.