Graphic Artists Guild Handbook, 16th Edition
Pricing & Ethical Guidelines
504 pp., 9 x 11 in, 50, b&w illus.
- Published: May 18, 2021
The industry bible for graphic arts professionals, with pricing guidelines and information on business, ethical, and legal issues.
For forty-eight years, the Graphic Artists Guild Handbook has been the industry bible for graphic arts professionals. This sixteenth edition represents the most ambitious revision and redesign in over a decade, providing both artists and clients the very latest information on business, ethical, and legal issues. As the graphic art marketplace continues to evolve to meet the needs of both digital and print media, the new Handbook offers professionals an essential guide for keeping up with rapidly changing technology.
For the sixteenth edition, the content has been reorganized, topics have been expanded, and new chapters have been added to create a resource that is more relevant to how graphic artists work today. Features include:
• More in-depth information for the self-employed on how to price work to make a sustainable living and plan for times of economic uncertainty.
• A new chapter on using skills and talents to maximize income with multiple revenue streams—workshops, videos, niche markets, passion projects, selling art, and much more.
• Current U.S. salary information and freelance rates by discipline.
• Pricing guidelines for buyers and sellers.
• Up-to-date copyright registration information.
• Model contracts and forms to adapt to your specific needs.
• Interviews with eleven self-employed graphic artists who have created successful careers,using many of the practices found in this Handbook.
"Excellent....the handbook contains invaluable information about virtually every aspect of running a freelance design business. The entire book is organized for quick reads on all the topics. If you're getting started in the design business looking for pricing, business and ethical guidelines, or even a seasoned pro looking for salary comparisons or a knowledge brush-up, this book is a must-have."
The Graphic Mac (praise for the 15th edition)