The release of the 2019 Clarivate Analytics Journal Citation Reports brought good news for our journal editors. Overall, citations of our titles are up by 3% and the average Impact Factor increased by 7%. Out of fifteen journals, five have an Impact Factor over 3.000 and eight have an Impact Factor greater than 2.000.
In addition to these general gains, special congratulations must go to the editorial teams of five MIT Press journals:
- International Security achieved its best Impact Factor in over 20 years—5.432—and has reclaimed the rank of #1 in International Relations.
- The Review of Economics and Statistics saw its Impact Factor increase 19%, from 3.636 to 4.345.
- Evolutionary Computation earned its highest Impact Factor ever: 3.933.
- Education Finance and Policy saw a 20% increase in citations, earning an Impact Factor of 2.395.
- Global Environmental Politics ranked #10 overall in International Relations, achieving an Impact Factor of 3.091.
It is always gratifying to see data demonstrating the significant impact and continued relevance of the scholarship published in MIT Press journals. The strong results announced in this year’s citation reports are, as always, a tribute to the great work of our authors, editors, reviewers, and publishing team.
For fifty-eight years the MIT Press has advanced knowledge by publishing significant works by leading educators and researchers around the globe for the broadest possible access, impact, and audience. In the year ahead, we look forward to publishing not only high-impact work, but also work that extends the reach and availability of scholarship.