- This event has passed.
Conference — The 83rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (In-person)
August 4 @ 8:00 am – August 8 @ 5:00 pm
With much excitement, the 83rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management returns, in person, to Boston, Massachusetts, USA for AOM 2023: Putting the Worker Front and Center. The Annual Meeting is the world’s premier event for scholarly engagement, and the largest gathering of management and organization scholars in the world. The Annual Meeting offers attendees a chance to expand research, network with colleagues, and disseminate knowledge addressing the 21st century’s most pressing challenges related to management and organizations. Whether you’re a first-time attendee, an academic, a student, or practitioner, there is a unique opportunity to interact with thousands of like-minded AOM members and colleagues from around the world.
In the past, Boston has been AOM’s most highly attended location, with 10,000+ attendees from around the world. Located in the Northeastern United States, Boston is home to several renowned educational institutions, making it an international hotspot for research and learning. The city’s intellectual aptitude combined with its historic charm make it a sought-after destination for business.
This year’s Annual Meeting will feature:
- 1,500+ in-person sessions.
- The inaugural Annual Meeting Opening Reception Friday evening with early access to exhibits and opportunities to meet with AOM’s leaders both past and present.
- A new online platform to review the program, create your schedule, chat with other attendees and authors, review uploaded session materials and contribute to online discussions.
- A pre-recorded Presidential Address, viewable online.
- Expanded networking hubs with morning coffee breaks and opportunities to meet with DIG leaders.
- Access to the Career Fair (by appointment).
- Over 30 different journal sessions, including reviewer workshops, “publishing in” sessions, and meetings around academic fundamentals such as writing, developing, and publishing research in the field of management.