Did you receive an email from Author Portal?
As of March 2022, the MIT Press will no longer distribute statements via email. Our new author portal allows authors to conveniently access royalty statements and other documents online as they become available.
In order to see these documents, you must set up an author portal account. To get started, please use this link which will walk you through the setup of your author portal account. Once your account is set up, you will receive an email that notifies you when new statements are available.
If you have difficulty using the link provided, you can also go to authorportal.com. At the top right corner, click the Forgotten Password link and a link to update your password information will be sent to the email address on file with the MIT Press. Please note that you do not want to click on Sign Up Now since this is for publishers only.
If you have any questions, please contact MITP’s royalties department.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to mail statements along with royalty checks; however, we are still processing payments and they will be mailed to you separately. Going forward we’ll be connecting with authors about royalties electronically. Please click here to provide us with your up to date email address. If you’d like a PDF copy of your statement, please mention that in your email.
For questions about royalties, please contact Senior Financial/Royalty Accountant, Janice Miller (617-253-3917)
- Overview of Tax and Royalty Information (Royalty payments, tax treaty procedures, and claims for MIT Press authors)
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W-8BEN (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding) for non-US citizens
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W-8BEN Instructions
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W8BEN-E
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W8BEN-E Instructions
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W-8EXP
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W-8EXP Instructions
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W9
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service Form W9 Instructions